There are hundreds of colleges in Bangladesh, most of which are affiliated with the top universities of the country such as the University of Dhaka (1921), the University of Rajshahi (1953), or the University of Chittagong (1966), etc. English can be spoken by a lot of people in the country which makes it easier to overcome the language barrier. Moreover, it is beneficial for Indian students as the culture and society of Bangladesh are very much similar to that of India, hence, it does not become difficult for them to adjust there.
MBA in Bangladesh: Key Points
- There are mainly three types of universities in Bangladesh for MBA in Bangladesh Private Universities, public universities and international universities. These are either partly or fully owned by the government which is why the fees here is subsidized. Then there are private universities which provide MBA course to both domestic and international students. There are international universities as well which are owned and managed by international organizations.
- There are 34 public, 64 private, and 2 international universities offering various courses in Bangladesh. Some of the most prominent universities in the country are the University of Dhaka, National University, and the Islamic University of Technology. There are also quite impressive options of MBA in Bangladesh Open Universities.
- Most of the international students come to Bangladesh for their Master’s degree in business as it allows them to achieve their goals in the specific area of their interest. International business is one of the main areas of specialization in MBA. Other areas of specializations include human resource management, marketing, business management and administration.
- The total MBA duration in Bangladesh begins in September and ends in August. International students can get enrolled in any university although the seats available to them is more in private universities. Private colleges are comparatively more costly as compared to public colleges.
- Bangladesh is a young and developing country in terms of its business sector but that makes it attractive for students so that they can learn business management and marketing in a developing phase on an international level. There is a lot of encouragement to entrepreneurship in the country as well.
- Students are expected to have good career opportunities after obtaining an MBA degree from Bangladesh. They can either work there themselves or can also get jobs in other countries.
MBA Duration in Bangladesh
The MBA duration in Bangladesh is 1-2 years depending on the university. An academic year consists of three semesters, each of four months duration.
- The candidates applying for MBA in Bangladesh must have:
- A bachelor’s degree of 3 to 4 years of duration.
- Secured a minimum of GPA 2.00 or equivalent results at the bachelor’s level and a minimum of 2.50 at SSC or HSC levels.
- A working experience of around 2 years.
- In O-Levels, you need to secure a minimum GPA of 2.5 in five subjects and in A-Levels in two subjects according to the scale (A=5, B=4, C=3, D=2 & E=1).
- Some universities also require the candidate to have passed the GMAT with a minimum score of 500 and some of them require an English language test like IELTS or TOEFL. Certain other requirements are specific to the various universities.
Cost of Pursuing MBA in Bangladesh
The MBA cost in Bangladesh private university varies from INR 100000 to INR 400000 depending on the type of university. The additional expenses of living including food, lodging, books and reading materials and other personal expenses would cost approximately INR 100000 to INR 200000 depending on the standard of living of the students. Hence, a total of INR 200000 to INR 600000 is the MBA cost in Bangladesh private university.
Top Colleges for MBA in Bangladesh
Given below is the list of the top ten universities in Bangladesh including some of the best MBA in Bangladesh Open Universities and MBA in Bangladesh Private Universities.
- North South University– It is the first government-approved private university in Bangladesh and well-appreciated for its MBA in Bangladesh Private Universities. It is well-reputed for its MBA program. The MBA program of the university is well known for its flexible and innovative syllabus which enables them to adapt to the rapidly changing business environment. The syllabus has been designed within the guidelines of the American Assembly of Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), one of the highest-ranked business schools in the USA. The tuition fee of the university is around INR 3,00,000.
- BRAC University– Established in 2001, it is a new university and is hence, designed and equipped with various modernized techniques of teaching. It, therefore, helps the MBA students to learn in a practical environment wherein they gain various related skills of management along with their coursework. The tuition fee is around INR 5,00,000. This is one of the emerging options of MBA in Bangladesh Private Universities.
- American International University Bangladesh (AIUB)– This university promotes professional leadership by imparting knowledge that is mainly technical. The students are provided with computerized education so that they can later deal with the internationally competitive market. The university organizes various discussion rounds with their students and assists them in facing the campus interviews. The tuition fee of AIUB is around INR 3,50,000. It is also one of the growing options of MBA in Bangladesh Private Universities.
- The Asian University of Bangladesh– This university is one of the most practical destinations for doing an MBA. It equips the students with all the skills that are required by them to face the commercial world after their course. The course structure includes data analysis, strategic management planning, case studies, research work, etc. which prepares them for the corporate world. The tuition fee is around INR 3,50,000.
- International Islamic University Chittagong– One of the elite private universities of Bangladesh approved by government, the university is known for its strictness and rigidity which is the environment of the corporate world, hence, making the students ready for it. It has academic collaborations with various foreign educational organizations which helps its students to get jobs in international business both locally and abroad. The tuition fee is around INR 2,50,000.
- East-West University– It has a detailed course structure for MBA along with an internship which is well-structured to help the students get used to the real corporate world. The students are provided with options from where they can choose their desired place of occupation. The tuition fee is around INR 5,50,000.
- University of Asia Pacific– This university focuses on enhancing its business education from time to time according to the changing business environment. The syllabus is simply structured and still encompasses all necessary topics related to business and management. It also focuses on creating global exchanges which is why its students keep on increasing. The tuition fee is around INR 2,85,000.
- Independent University, Bangladesh– It is one of the oldest universities providing an MBA course and it still provides some of the best management courses. The faculty consists of PhD holders from the finest business institutes of America. The course structure is designed following the North-American business curriculum. The tuition fee is around INR 3,60,000.
- Daffodil International University– This university provides MBA in a highly technological way as business nowadays go hand in hand with technology. Its students are mostly placed in leading Bangladeshi and foreign companies. The tuition fee is around INR 3,00,000.
- The University of Dhaka, Institute of Business Administration– This university ranks among the top ones for helping the students in the development of the required skills and proficiency along with the core management course. The first half of the syllabus includes core subjects of management study followed by a range of various elective subjects. Their course also includes a mandatory internship. The tuition fee is around INR 60,000.
Job Prospects after doing an MBA in Bangladesh
MBA graduates from Bangladesh can go on to work with various multinational companies based on the skills and knowledge acquired by them during their courses. The various posts on which they can be hired in companies are that of general manager, human resource manager, investment manager, public relations consultant, and many more. They can also work in the banking sector. Some students prefer researching the management field and some also become teachers of various business and management courses.