MBA in Aviation or MBA in Aviation Management is a post-graduate management program. It is a two-year course that helps the professionals to gain the skills of being a manager in the aviation industry. The aviation industry comprises all the activities related to the airline industry such as air travel, manufacturing units, research and development, etc. The MBA in aviation management scope
Is expected to soar in the coming years. This has led to an increase in the demand for professionals in the aviation industry. The industry is generating lakhs of jobs every year. MBA in Aviation Management helps the students to acquire various skills and abilities that would help them to be a part of the rapidly changing aviation industry. A large number of the students interested in management is, therefore, attracted towards this course which provides an interesting work profile and remunerative jobs.
Why go for an MBA in Aviation/ MBA in Aviation Management?
MBA in Aviation Management opens new doors for exploring a different area of specialization for managers. The students interested in management can move from other industries to the rapidly growing aviation industry. The course structure is such that it will provide both classrooms as well as practical experience to the students. This course will provide the students with leadership qualities and enable their analytical thinking. The students will be taught in a manner that they will be able to deal with the regularly evolving industry of aviation.
MBA in Aviation Management Eligibility Criteria Abroad
The minimum eligibility requirement for being considered for an MBA in aviation management in Canada, USA, UK or such destinations.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent in any discipline, for instance, a ‘bachelor’s in commerce’. In general, there is no constraint as to the nature and discipline of the course.
- Minimum marks obtained in the qualifying examination as per university instructions. Better grades, better chances. However, your all overall candidature is evaluated and not only scores.
- While to have working experience of around 1-3 years is a recommendation for applying for an MBA in Aviation/Aviation Management, it is not a strict condition.
- GRE/GMAT test scores, if required. To apply for an MBA program, GMAT is strongly recommended though GRE is also widely accepted.
- Indian applicants are typically asked to submit IELTS/TOEFL/PTE exam scores to prove English language proficiency. Obtaining an over 7 band score is usually enough.
How to Apply for an MBA in Aviation/MBA in Aviation Management Abroad
Now that you well-versed with the eligibility requirements, the next step is to apply for admission.
- Satisfy the basic eligibility requirements as mentioned in the above section and any other specific instruction in the university guidelines.
- Attach GMAT or GRE along with IELTS/TOEFL/PTE Test Scores [as required]
- Fill the Application Form [Passport, Statement of Purpose, Two/Three letters of Recommendation, Transcripts Experience Letter (if required), Financial Support Statement/ Funding Essay (if applying for funding), etc.]
- Pay the required Application Fee.
- Personal Interview/Group Discussion/Writing Task [if required]
- Within 2-3 months of applying, your application status will show your result. If you are waitlisted or rejected, it will also show that.
- Pay the required Tuition Fees well before the deadline
- Submit the Student Visa Application as early as possible.
- Sort out accommodation issues.
Top Institutes for MBA in Aviation Management in India
Here are some of the top colleges you must consider if you are planning to MBA in Aviation or an MBA in Aviation management in India.
|Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Galgotias University||Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh|
|Dr D.Y. Patil University||Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Indian Institute of Knowledge Management||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Jaipur National University||Jaipur, Rajasthan|
|Institute of Logistics and Aviation Management||Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Hindustan Business School||Bangalore, Karnataka|
|Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj College of Aviation Technology||Ambajogai, Maharashtra|
Top Institutes for MBA in Aviation Management Abroad
If you are looking to pursue an MBA in aviation management in Canada, the USA or UK, here are some of the universities you must consider.
|Arizona State University||USA|
|Buckinghamshire New University||UK|
|Central Washington University||USA|
|Dublin City University||Ireland|
|Eastern New Mexico University||USA|
The average fee of an MBA in Aviation or MBA in Aviation Management abroad is INR 20,00,000-INR 30,00,000.
The course structure is divided into four semesters. The syllabus of each of the semesters are given below:
- Marketing Management
- Financial Management Part I
- Human Resource Management
- Business Communication
- Principles of Management
- Economics & Management Decisions
- Quantitative Techniques for Management Applications
- Operations & Material Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Project Management & Contract Administration
- Strategic Management of Technology & Innovation
- Research Methodology
- Financial Management Part II
- Management Information System
- Aviation Safety & Security Management
- Airline Operations
- Airline Economics
- Overview of Civil Aviation
- Airport Planning & Management
- Aviation Forecasting Techniques
- Aviation Law & Insurance
- Business Policy & Strategy
- Aviation Enterprise Management
- International Business
- Airport Terminal Operations
Different colleges have different syllabus every semester but more or less the course structure is the same wherein in the first year, basics of management and aviation are taught and in the second year, a detailed study of aviation-related subjects is done. Moreover, the course includes a lot of practical work and active participation of students in the form of group discussions, research, seminars, industrial visits and mandatory internships in certain semesters.
MBA in Aviation Management salary
The average MBA in aviation management salary is around 6 lakhs per annum in India. This rises as per experience and qualification. The MBA in aviation management salary in countries like the USA, UK and Canada are some of the highest in the world. The starting salary for freshers is around 4 lakhs per annum and the salary of a senior aviation professional reaches up to 20 lakhs per annum.
MBA in aviation management scope
The aviation industry is a rapidly growing industry and is providing various career options to candidates of their field along with good salary packages. In this regard, the MBA in aviation management scope is steadily increasing. The various job prospects available in this field are:
- Airport Manager – The airport manager looks after the daily activities of the airport and checks the safety and security level at the airport and revise and implements new safety policies if required. They have to make sure that the airport is complying with the FAA regulations and other necessary guidelines. They look after the management of the airport.
- Human Resource Manager – The human resource manager working with the aviation industry has the same work that he has in other industries i.e., to look after the recruitment and administration of the employees. He also has to settle workers issues if any. Also, the human resource manager in this field must be skilled enough in dealing with aviation-based challenges.
- Airport Operations Manager – The airport operations manager has to guarantee safe take-off and arrival of all the aeroplanes at the particular airport. They usually operate as a link between the Air Traffic Controller and the support staff.
- Cargo Operations Manager –They look after the loading, unloading and shielding of the aircraft cargo or baggage and make sure that these are done according to the correct procedure.
- Airport Traffic Controllers – The airport traffic controllers play a major role in the airport as they coordinate the movement of aircraft and make sure there is a safe distance between two aircraft. They are the ones who give the signs for arrival and take off.
There are various other jobs in the aviation industries which include:
- Customer Relationship Manager – Airlines
- Financial Analyst for airlines
- Operations Analyst for airlines
- Purchasing Manager for airlines
- Senior Staff Analyst for airlines
- Aviation faculty, etc.
Distance MBA in Aviation Management
Students who have limited time and/or resources can go for Distance MBA in aviation management. The fee for distance course is also less and the students do not need to attend regular classes. Anyone willing to do this course in distance education can apply for the same. The candidate will need to fulfil the eligibility and admission criteria. This is especially useful for experienced professionals and those who are already engaged in business or employment.