MBA or master of business administration is one of the most desirable and reputable educational qualifications in India. Earlier students used to go to foreign countries to earn their MBA degree but now times have changed, MBA courses are easily accessible in India even in faraway places thanks to distance education and online courses for MBA. Further, there are also options of part-time MBA, One-year MBA in India and second year in abroad Executive MBA, amongst others.
Why Pursue One year MBA in India?
- Studying in India has always been fun, full of exposure and passion because of its vast variety of options for any student. The options are as vast and different as the country itself. International students can find it challenging to live in India because of language barriers but it will result in rewarding, reasonable and worth-it experiences.
- MBA courses from the 20 plus top-ranking business schools of India witness the greatest demand from students.
- An estimated 500,000 students across India enrol for MBA courses of all types every year.
- About 350,000 students graduate with MBAs from various universities every year.
- Salary is promised: Having an MBA degree is a plus sign. This degree ensures that the student gets paid handsomely.
- Job safety: Being an MBA will ensure that the student has better job security in a firm.
- An easy way of promotion: There is cut-throat competition everywhere, having an MBA will make sure that the student makes up his way to the highest.
- Greater knowledge: When a student opts for higher education, he gets exposure and specialised knowledge which will help him in working efficiently.
- Cost-effective: Living in India is way cheaper than in any other country. The cost of living in any foreign country is way too high in comparison with India.
One Year MBA in India: Specialisations
Here are specialisations that you would like to consider.
|MBA Business Analytics||MBA in Human Resource Management||MBA in Petroleum Management|
|MBA in Fashion Management||MBA Media Management||MBA Aviation|
|MBA Event Management||MBA Marketing||MBA International Business|
|MBA in Engineering Management||MBA Consulting||MBA Insurance and Banking|
|MBA Operations||MBA Information Technology||MBA Communication|
|MBA Entrepreneurship||MBA Strategy||MBA in Rural Management|
|MBA in Supply Chain Management||MBA Finance||MBA in Healthcare Management|
|MBA Product Management||MBA Interior Designing||MBA Accounting|
Best MBA Colleges in India
- India’s most reputable business school is the Indian Institute of management also known as IIM. it provides various kinds of MBA courses in India.
- Symbiosis institute, Pune
- SP Jain Institute of management research, (SPJIMR)
One year MBA in India: Programs
- The best programs of One year MBA in India are offered by more than 50 leading B-schools including ISB Hyderabad, IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, IIM Calcutta, IIM Lucknow, IIM Kozhikode, IIM Udaipur, XLRI Jamshedpur, SPJIMR Mumbai among others offer the best one year MBA leading to career growth.
- According to the latest data sourced by MBAUniverse.com from IIMs and another top one year MBA programs in India, the best One Year MBA programs in India include EPGP by IIM Bangalore, PGPX by IIM Ahmedabad.
- PGP by ISB is counted amongst the highest-rated One Year MBA Programs in India. One year MBA programs in GSCM and DEM have also been launched by IIM Udaipur.
One year MBA in India: Key Features
o Fast Track full-time MBA program is offered on-campus.
o Duration varies from 11-15 months as against 24 months of a regular MBA.
o One Year MBA is designed for working executives with a minimum work experience of 2 to 5 years.
o Placements for 1 Year MBA is generally higher than the regular MBA.
o The fee structure for the top One Year MBA program is also higher than the regular MBA.
· Best One Year MBA Colleges Fee in India
|Name of the Institute & Program||Duration||Fee (INR in lakhs)|
|Post Graduate Program in Management for Executives (PGPX)- IIM Ahmedabad||12 months||24.5|
|ISB Hyderabad – PGP in Management||12 Months||29.5|
|IIM Lucknow – International Program in Management for Executives (IPMX)||12 months||24.5|
|Executive Post Graduate Program in Management (EPGP)- IIM Bangalore||12 months||27.88|
|IIM Calcutta – Post Graduate Program for Executives (PGPEX )||12 months||22|
|XLRI Jamshedpur – PGDM (General Management)||15 Months||18.5|
|IIM Indore – Executive Post Graduate Program in Management (EPGP)||12 months||18|
|SPJIMR Mumbai – Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM)||12 months||16.25|
1.National Management Program (NMP)
2. Energy Management Program (EMP)
|IMT Ghaziabad – Postgraduate Program In Business Management Executive (PGDM Ex)||15 months||12.5|
|IMI New Delhi – Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Executive) / EXPGDM||15 months||11|
|Post Graduate Program in Management for Executives (PGPX)- IIM Udaipur||15 months||7.83|
|(PGDM Executive)- LBSIM New Delhi – Postgraduate Diploma in Management Executive||15 months||5.20|
|IRMA Anand – Executive Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Rural)||15 months||10.10|
Consult Our Experts for 15 minutes
One-year MBA in India Eligibility
- Minimum One-year MBA in India eligibility requirement is 2 to 7 years of work experience after the graduation degree. A minimum work experience of 2 years is required by ISB and Great Lakes. Moreover, IIMs are generally more demanding with a minimum requirement of up to 5 years.
- Admission in 1 year MBA courses in IIMs are based on GMAT(Graduate management admission test), GRE (graduate record examination), CAT(common admission test) and one year MBA admission with XAT(Xavier aptitude test) score. On the other hand, there are many competent options for One year MBA in India without GMAT or CAT.
- Further, there may be additional One-year MBA in India eligibility requirements you may be asked to fulfil.
One-year MBA in India eligibility[If you are considering a One-year MBA in India and second year in abroad
- Equivalent qualifying degree [ bachelor’s or equivalent in any discipline], for instance, a ‘bachelor’s in commerce’. Typically, there is no guideline as to the nature and discipline of the course.
- Minimum marks obtained in the qualifying examination. This can vary from university to university. However, your all overall candidature is evaluated.
- It is recommended to have around 1-3 years of experience for applying for One year MBA, it is not a strict condition.
- GRE/GMAT test scores, if required. For a One year MBA in India and second year abroad, typically GMAT is strongly recommended though GRE also is widely adequate. However, there are ample options for One year MBA in India without GMAT.
- Indian applicants are typically required to submit their IELTS/TOEFL/PTE exam scores to prove English language proficiency. Obtaining an over 7 band score in IELTS is usually enough.
How to Apply for One year MBA Abroad
- Fulfil the minimum eligibility requirements as mentioned in the above section along with any other specific instruction according to the university guidelines.
- Fill in GMAT or GRE along with IELTS/TOEFL/PTE Test Scores [as required]. Normally you required to send in these scores directly.
- Fill and submit the complete Application Form [Passport, Statement of Purpose, Two/Three letters of Recommendation, Transcripts Experience Letter (if required), Financial Support Statement/Funding Essay (if applying for funding), etc.] Revise once before the important details.
- Pay Application Fee.
- Personal Interview/Group Discussion/Writing Task [if required]
- Within 2-3 months of applying, your application will be confirmed, waitlisted or rejected.
- Make the required Tuition Fees & Other Fees payment within the deadline.
- Submit the Student Visa Application as early as possible.
- Find accommodation.
FAQs on One Year MBA in India
Is it possible to apply for a One year MBA in India without GMAT?
Ans. Yes. In most cases, GMAT is a strong recommendation but not strictly required. While some universities consider applications for One year MBA in India without GMAT, some don’t ask for it at all. However, it is also recommended that you take the GMAT once. If you get an above-average score, submit it, else, don’t. Many universities consider the GRE in place of GMAT so if you feel GRE is more suited to your strengths, you can appear for that as well.
How to pursue a One-year MBA in India and second year in abroad?
Ans. This is detailed in the prospectus of the offering university. While this is an emerging course option, it is not extremely new. Mostly, in the second some students will be selected who will complete the rest of the course abroad. You may also be required to give IELTS/TOEFL scores along with paying the tuition of the foreign university.