Living in Australia can be a unique experience of one’s life that will fill them with learning, growth and new sensations outside of their comfort zone. It is an amazing place for students to study and is one of the famous places to study abroad. After the United States and the UK, Australia is the third most popular country for higher education in the English-speaking world. Many international students strive to get admission in Australia because of the high quality of education, cultural diversity, incredible nature, vibrant cities and huge job opportunities for someone studying abroad. Along with this, the MBA in Australia requirements, as well as MBA fees in Australia for international students, are also quite favourable.
Why Pursue an MBA in Australia?
- Australia is regarded as one of the most desired after study destinations for international students. Elite-level education, various and mentored research opportunities, and amazing career expectations make Australia a promising destination for MBA students.
- An international study in Australia offers a wide range of rewarding experiences as well as the possibility for a world-class education
- More than 30 different universities are offering MBA degrees, including a range of specialist, online and Executive MBA (EMBA) courses. It is a major global education worker with some of the world’s best facilities and educators, providing local and international students with a range of desirable study options best suited for them.
MBA fees in Australia for international students
The average MBA in Australia fees in rupees increased by 3.34% in 2021, compared to 2020, with the average MBA now costing $59,966. The average MBA in Australia fees in rupees
rose by around 8% from 2019 to 2020. The average program cost $58,384, increased from $54,140 the previous year.
Best MBA schools
Here are some of the elite B-Schools which offer courses of MBA in Australia with scholarship as well as self-funded.
|1||The University of Sydney Business School|
|2||UQ Business School, University of Queensland|
|3||Melbourne Business School|
|4||Griffith Business School, Griffith University|
|5||Adelaide Business School, University of Adelaide|
|6||QUT Graduate School of Business|
|7||University of South Australia Business School|
|8||Curtin Graduate School of Business|
|9||School of Business & Law, Central Queensland University|
|10||Bond Business School|
|11||Deakin Business School, Deakin University|
|12||La Trobe Business School, La Trobe University|
|13||Sydney Business School, University of Wollongong|
|14||School of Management & Enterprise, University of Southern Queensland|
|15||Victoria Graduate School of Business, Victoria University|
MBA programs offered by some of the Top business schools-course Duration:
|B-Schools||Duration of the course|
|Melbourne Business School||16 months|
|Macquarie University||1 Year|
|University of Tasmania||1.7 years|
|University of Canberra||2 years|
|Australian National University||1.5 years|
|Monash University||2 years|
|Bond University||1 year|
|University of Western Australia||16 months|
|University of Technology, Sydney||2 years|
|Central Queensland University||1-2 years|
List of the MBA fees of the Top 10 MBA schools in Australia
Given below is a table that lists down the various MBA fees in Australia for international students.
|University||Estimated Total Course Fee|
|University of Sydney Business School – Global Executive MBA||$97,500|
|University of New South Wales (AGSM) – MBA Full Time||$87,820|
|University of Melbourne (MBS) – MBA||$85,470|
|University of New South Wales (AGSM) – MBA (Executive)||$84,135|
|Macquarie University (MGSM) – MBA||$80,000|
|University of Sydney Business School – MBA (Full-time)||$75,000|
|University of Western Australia – MBA Full Time Intensive||$73,500|
|Curtin University – MBA (Advanced)||$71,200|
|Monash University – MBA (B6016)||$65,600|
|University of Technology Sydney – MBA||$62,784|
|University of Adelaide – MBA||$60,000|
|QUT Business School – MBA||$57,600|
|University of New South Wales (AGSM) – MBAX||$56,520|
|Bond University – MBA||$56,373|
Some best specialisations for MBA in Australia are given below:
- MBA in finance- This program provides knowledge of financial concepts in worldwide reference. investment management, stockbroking, business finance and international finance, fundamentals of finance, modern analytical tools and techniques are prioritized in this course. Students having an MBA in finance can land up to great jobs which pays them handsomely and have various jobs and work experience in different industries and firms such as banking insurance, financial consultancies, credit risk management and plenty of others.
- MBA in International Business- it is acknowledged in Australia among students who want to pursue an MBA from there. this degree summarises supply chain concepts, finances, human resource marketing on an international level. students who have a degree in international business can have a job as a management analyst, global business manager, administrative service manager and many more.
- MBA in marketing- Students study topics like consumer behaviour, sales, promotion, advertising, branding, market trends and strategies. the horizon of an MBA in marketing is vast. An abundance of job opportunities are available for students with an MBA in marketing and is very popular among students who wish to go for an MBA. Job includes working as a director or head of marketing, chief marketing officer, brand manager, marketing manager, planner, product manager, advertising specialist; the list is long.
- MBA in Innovation and Entrepreneurship-It put together students to become famous and eminent entrepreneurs and innovators. Gives them exposure and prepare them to understand the entrepreneurial ecosystem to get an idea on network building. Students can start their ventures, firms, offices, and can also work in existing firms and help them in developing new business opportunities.
Other famous MBA programme in Australia includes
- General MBA
- Operations Management
- Human resource management
- strategy and leadership
- Global Trade
- Tourism Management
- Maritime Management
- Corporate Administration
- Hospitality Management
- International Marketing
- Investment Banking
- Strategic Management
- information technology
- Urban Estate Management
- Public Administration
- Logistics and Supply Change Management
- Accounting and Commerce
- Corporate Governance
- Facility Management
- Public Relations
- Project Management
- Engineering Management
- Health Services Management
- Business and management
MBA Requirements in Australia for International Students
There are a few MBA in Australia requirements that you have to fulfil to apply.
- The universities in Australia accept applications twice a year, in February and July. Some universities accept applications in November too. If you are applying for an MBA in Australia with scholarship, apply in the Primary cycle.
- Bachelor’s degree-the applicant must have completed a bachelor’s degree from any recognised university with a minimum score of 60%. This is one of the typical MBA requirements in Australia for international students.
- IELTS- applicants should have a good IELTS score band to get an Australian visa. applicants who are non-English natives need to show their English language proficiency to get admission to an Australian university. This is one of the most important MBA in Australia requirements for international students.
- Work experience- it is best if students have a work experience of at least 2-3 years but it is not mandatory.
- GMAT score- most universities and colleges accept GMAT score to give admission to pursue MBA. A good GMAT score is required for top universities in Australia. The average score is 590.
How do I go About Applying for an MBA in Australia
If you satisfy the common MBA requirements in Australia for international students, the next step is to fill out the application form.
- Fulfil the basic MBA in Australia requirements as mentioned in the previous section and any other specific guideline.
- Attach GMAT/GRE along with IELTS/TOEFL/PTE Test Scores [as per requirement]
- Fill and submit the Application Form [Passport, Statement of Purpose, Two/Three letters of Recommendation, Transcripts Experience Letter (if required), Financial Support Statement/Funding Essay (if applying for funding), etc.]
- If you are applying for an MBA in Australia with scholarship, you must start your application as early as possible.
- Pay Application Fee.
- Personal Interview/Group Discussion/Writing Task [if required]
- The application will be confirmed, waitlisted or rejected within 2-3 months of applying.
- Deposit the required Tuition Fees & Other Fees within the deadline.
- Submit the Student Visa Application as early as possible.
- Sort out accommodation issues.
- Accommodation: Many universities provide students with on-campus accommodation which includes resident halls and apartments.
- Benefit from International student support: This helps international students to avail student support to adjust to a new life in Australia. Often provide services such as academic support, healthcare services, clubs and extracurricular activities, financial advice etc.
- Security on-campus: International students are often worried about security as they are living on international borders. Campuses have 24 hours of surveillance by security patrols to help students feel safe.
- Part-time jobs: Students are allowed to work up to 20 hours per week while the course is in session. this can include teaching, library assistants, cafe helper.
Demand for MBAs is high across the globe and employers are ready to pay a good salary if one has the right skill and talent. Due to high demand amongst firms and the excellent image of Business schools in Australia.
Top industries offering MBA jobs:
- Financial Services
- IT/Computer Services
- Consulting/Professional Services
At last, the decision rests with you. Don’t worry much about the MBA requirements in Australia for international students, fulfilling the basic ones is enough if it fits your ambitions. Go for it.