MBA in digital marketing is a specialized professional course. One of the most popular specializations, MBA in Digital Marketing is a 2 year course with a specialization in Digital Marketing in the 2nd year. The minimum eligibility criteria for this course is 50% in Bachelor’s degree. Most of the institutes abroad require English exams with aptitude tests such as TOEFL, GRE, etc. for their admission with a Personal Interview. The Personal Interview or PI usually revolves around your personality, questions like your achievements, future goals, work experience can be asked. Getting into a good university also requires a good understanding of what you have done in your past in academics. A question on academics in the PI might require you to provide an understanding of the subject.
This article will provide you with the important details about MBA in Digital Marketing abroad as well as the name and details of some of the colleges which offer the program of MBA in Digital Marketing.
MBA in Digital Marketing abroad
- Digital Marketing can also be pursued outside India. Most Universities or colleges offering MBA in Digital Marketing abroad require IELTS, MELAB, and TOEFL, an English proficiency exam for non-native speakers. Though some countries offering MBA in Digital Marketing abroad have their own standardized exams for international students, for example, Turkey’s YOS exam. Indian students generally prefer either the USA or Canada to pursue their Masters’ degree. In fact, UK and Australia can also be a good option. The eligibility criteria, course duration, and fees differ from country to country and institute to institute. But overall a bachelor’s degree with the scores of aforementioned proficiency scores constitutes the eligibility criteria. It is suggested to be aware of the policies for international students and the scholarships the country provides to them.
- Some of the best institutes include the University of Portsmouth, the University of Northampton, the University of British Columbia, etc. Here is a list.
|1||University of British Columbia, Canada||MS in Digital Media|
|2||New York Institute of Technology, USA||MBA Marketing|
|3||California State University Los Angeles, USA||MBA Marketing|
|4||Ryerson University, Canada||MS in Digital Media|
|5||Nottingham Trent University, UK||MBA Digital Marketing|
|6||Laval University, Canada||MBA in Digital Marketing|
|7||Simon Fraser University, Canada||MS in Digital Media|
|8||University of Texas-Austin, USA||MBA Marketing-Marketing Analytics and Consulting|
|9||University of Guelph, Canada||MSc Marketing and Communication Studies|
|10||University of Wisconsin-Madison||MBA-Marketing Analytics & Insights|
- Some universities also offer courses online. Saving time and money come in handy for those who want to save some. Also during the time of the pandemic, it is not advised to travel abroad, and having such online courses seems to be a good option.
- The salary of an MBA abroad graduate depends on the profile he is enrolled in. The average salary of an MBA Digital Marketing Abroad graduate is around 30-50 lacs rupees per annum which is very good as compared to the salary of domestic students.
Talk to our Experts for Free
MBA in Digital Marketing Scope
The MBA in Digital Marketing Scope is quite promising. The average salary of this particular field depends on the profile you choose. In Canada, the average salary of a Digital Marketing Manager is C$66,670 per annum while in the USA it is around $108,000. The salary depends on the expertise, profile, and experience as well. Don’t expect much as a fresher but surely once you are experienced 4-5 years. Top recruiters for this course are FB, and Google among many others.
Market Research Analyst
- Market Research Analyst collects information and does analysis on it. The information includes details about the consumers and competitors. A person in this profile researches the needs of the customers. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of Jobs in this profile was 738,100 in 2019. The average salary on the other hand in around 4 lacs to 5 lacs rupees per annum.
- An advertising manager develops and manages the company’s advertising strategy. They manage discussions with sponsors and agencies to boost sales. The average salary of a person in this profile is around 5 lacs rupees per annum.
- The job of a Brand Manager is to change the perception of people about the company’s brand. This includes overseeing the designs of the products, advertisements, and upcoming events. They also ensure that the branding across different advertisements and campaigns. The average salary in India of a person in this profile is around 10 lacs per annum.
- Developing, forecasting, and analyzing sales are the basic work that a sales manager would do. This includes making action plans to boost sales. The average salary in India is Rs 5 lacs per annum.
Public Relations Manager
- Public Relations managers’ job is to create and maintain an image of the company that is favorable to them. They coordinate all public relations activities of the company or the client. The average salary of this profile is around Rupees 5 lacs per annum.
Digital Marketing Manager
- A Digital Marketing Manager’s job is to plan and execute email, social media, web, etc. and they are supposed to display advertising events. They collaborate with several teams to optimize the user experience. The average salary of a person in this profile is around 5 lacs rupees per annum.
Internet Marketing Manager
- An Internet Marketing Manager optimizes sales by using the knowledge of Digital Marketing and creating the strategies of it and implementing thereafter.
Digital Sales Manager
- A digital sales Manager manages the team of several sales executives under him/her. His/her task is to keep the teammates motivated to reach the required goals. We can even say that they are the backbone of a company, if they don’t work with motivation the company suffers. The average salary of a Digital Sales Manager is around 3 lacs rupees per annum.
MBA in Digital Marketing Syllabus
The MBA in Digital Marketing syllabus is common for first-year students. The Digital Marketing specialization is only taught in the second year. The subjects taught in the MBA in Digital Marketing Syllabus (first year) include-
- Decision science
- Human Resource Management
- Financial Management
- Market Management
- Life Skill Lab
- Operation Management
- Organizational Behavior – Managing employee disputes
- Legal Aspects of Business
- Managing Economics
- Geopolitics and World Economic System
- Business System and Procedures
The subjects taught in the 2nd year MBA in Digital Marketing Syllabus includes-
- Digital Branding
- Content Marketing
- Strategic Management
- Web Analysis
- Mobile Marketing
- Affiliate Marketing
- Brand Planning
- Online Reputation Management
- Consumer Insights
- Enterprise Performance Management
MBA in Digital Marketing USA
- In the USA, as more people are connected with the internet and smartphone, they are exposed to digital marketing. Digital marketing exercises are much relevant in such countries.. Many elite universities who offer the MBA in Digital Marketing USA are also amongst the top ranked institutions in the world.
- The cost of doing the MBA in Digital Marketing USA ranges from $23,000 to $75,000. After completing the course, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the base pay for an hour is around $65. The employment rate in the USA, on the other hand, is much larger than in other countries.
- Please note that the universities offering MBA in Digital Marketing USA or other courses do not normally accept 3 years bachelors’ degree. They require 4 years bachelors’ degree with English proficiency score. In addition to that, some universities also require the scores of GRE or GMAT.
- Some of the universities in the USA that offers MBA in Digital Marketing are Fort Hays State University and Rutgers University among others.
MBA in Digital Marketing Canada
- With the increasing number of internet users, an MBA in Digital Marketing Canada is promising. Canada seems to be an excellent option for those who want to pursue this career abroad. The reason is the policies that support international students and the religious tolerance prevalent in the country. Colleges do require TOEFL-qualified students only. Canada also provides scholarships for underprivileged international students.
- There are many benefits of doing an MBA in Digital Marketing Canada. Canada offers internationally recognized degrees with affordable fees. In Canada, the courses also include internship programs that give the students exposure to the real corporate world. Some of these aforementioned institutes also offer MBA in Digital Marketing distance learning. I suggest you visit their websites for more detailed information.
MBA in Digital Marketing distance learning
Some open universities offer MBA in Digital Marketing distance learning. These include Maryville University, the University of North Carolina, Fort Hays State University, Rutgers University among others. These universities provide classes in online mode. If you can’t leave your current job for several reasons and at the same time want to advance your career, this course is for you. You will be provided with learning materials as well as e-Resources once you enroll in the course.
Is Digital Marketing good for MBA?
- Yes. In answer to the question ‘Is Digital Marketing good for MBA?’ we can say that the booming digital industry promises a good future. The course duration and fees are similar to other MBAs but the salary is good for MBA in Digital Marketing. Since the advent of smartphones and the use of social media, more and more people are digitally connected to each other. To use marketing strategies for such a large crowd is a challenge. Thus professionals are required to manage such challenges across digital platforms.
- In this fast-growing digital world, students can explore multiple career options in this field. This includes Social media manager, Public relations manager, and Advertising manager among others. These profiles demand an employee to communicate brands, acquire new customers and retain them to use their products and services. They are also required to gain insights using data analytics. Businesses around the are using data science to further their businesses. Strategies such as data mining are used and customers are given appropriate options that they are likely to buy. Being aware of such tools gives a Market Analyst to grow the business of their company or client exponentially. Thus, to answer the question ‘Is Digital Marketing good for MBA?’, MBA in digital marketing is better than a traditional MBA.
Which is better MBA or digital marketing?
- There isn’t a simple answer to the above ‘Which is better MBA or digital marketing?’ question. Apart from MBA in Digital Marketing, a student can also pursue Postgraduate Diploma (PGDM) courses in Digital Marketing and MS or M.Sc in Digital Marketing. PGDM courses are industry oriented contrary to MBAs. If you have less time and want to earn early, surely you should go to pursue a PGDM in Digital Marketing.
- On the other hand, a Digital Marketing course is offered both at Undergraduate as well as Postgraduate level. At the Undergraduate level, BBA or BMS in Digital Marketing is offered while at the Postgraduate level MBA in Digital Marketing is offered.
- The question ‘Which is better MBA or digital marketing?’ must be thought of according to your interests, abilities and objectives.
How can I do digital marketing MBA?
- To answer the question ‘How can I do digital marketing MBA?’, for pursuing MBA in Digital Marketing, you must be graduated from a recognized university or college with at least 50% marks. The marks differ from university to university. As mentioned earlier, some institutes consider qualifying exam scores such as GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, MELAB, etc. This is usually followed by a personal interview. The final selection is then completed on the basis of the overall performance of the candidate.
The MBA in Digital Marketing scope is on the rise with the incorporation of technological tools and resources. If you want to be a part of that wave, an MBA in Digital Marketing abroad will be most suited for you.