Questions of ‘MBA how many years study?’ and ‘MBA how many years of work experience are required?’ etc., are quite common amongst MBA aspirants. Therefore, you must take note that there are several types of MBA programs offered by B-Schools that cater to the various needs of candidates. While a Regular MBA program may take anywhere between 1-2 years, a Part-Time MBA may be offered as a 2-3 years course. The course length depends on the classroom hours required, course requirements in general and the overall course objective. In this article, we shall list down the common lengths of MBA programs along with a few other crucial points you must know with regards to MBA how many years in the USA and other countries.
MBA How Many Years Does It Take To Complete It?
Given are the typical exam duration of various types of MBA programs on offer. The actual length of an MBA program may vary according to the course requirements and objectives. Further, owing to continuous innovation, B-Schools are offering many other kinds of MBA programs such as Harvard Business School’s 2+2 Deferred MBA program and the Yale School of Management’s Yale Silver Scholars Program.
|Full-Time MBA||1-2 years|
|Executive MBA||1-2 years|
|Part-Time MBA||2-3 years|
|Online MBA||1-2 years|
|Accelerated MBA||12-18 months|
|4+1 MBA||5 years|
|Evening/Weekend MBA||2+ years|
|Dual Degree MBA||2+ years|
How Many Years for MBA Study
The following points list out the course duration of a traditional Regular MBA program. It will help you answer not only how many years for MBA study is commonly offered but also MBA how many years of work experience is typically recommended.
· MBA How Many Years In USA
The answer to the ‘MBA how many years in USA’ question is that the average course length of a Regular MBA program is 2 years in general with a wide variety of 1-year courses as well. While the 2 years course is more suited to fresh graduates and may have relaxed work experience requirements, a 1-year course is designed keeping working professionals in mind. Here are a few institutions you can consider.
- Harvard Business School, Harvard University, USA- 2 years
- Sloan School of Management, MIT – 2 years
- Stanford School of Business, Stanford University, USA – 2 years
- Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, USA – 2 years
- Booth School of Business, Chicago University, USA – 21 months
- Kellogg School of Management – Northwestern University, USA – 2 years
- Columbia Business School, Columbia University, USA– 2 years
· MBA How Many Years In Canada
The answer to the ‘MBA how many years in Canada’ question is that the course duration of Canadian MBA programs is not that different than in the USA. Both 2 year and 1-year courses are on offer, though the former is geared to graduates with little or no work experience, the latter is more appropriate for working professionals. The universities offering MBA programs are:
- York University’s Schulich School of Business – 2 years
- Ivey Business School, Western University – 1 year
- Queen’s School of Business, Queen’s University – 1 year
- University of Toronto: Rotman School – 2 years
- Desautels School, McGill University – 20 months
- Sauder Business School, University of British Columbia – 16 months
· MBA How Many Years In UK
The answer to the ‘MBA how many years in UK’ question is that the length of an MBA program in universities in the UK are typically around 1 year. This is in line with the educational ecosystem in the UK. Other programs like Executive MBA, Part-Time MBA, Accelerated MBA, etc., may have different course durations. Some B-Schools of international repute are:
- London Business School- 15-21 months
- University of Oxford- 1 year
- Warwick Business School- 1 year
- University of Cambridge- 1 year
- University of Bath- 1 year
- Lancaster University – 1 year
· MBA How Many Years In Australia
The question ‘MBA how many years in Australia’ is a quite important one especially because of the high number of international students going to Australia for their further studies. Typically, 2 year MBA programs can be said to be the norm, while there are several well-appreciated shorter MBA courses as well.
- The University of Sydney Business School-
- Melbourne Business School- 16 months
- Monash University- 2 years
- Bond University- 1 year
- University of Canberra- 2 years
- The University of Technology, Sydney- 2 years
- University of Western Australia- 16 months
· MBA How Many Years In India
In the case of India, the answer to the ‘MBA How Many Years In India’ question is relatively straightforward. Most B-Schools in India offer 2 year MBA programs for which candidates are taken through entrance exams like CAT, XAT, MAT, etc. Some like the Indian School of Business offer shorter courses as well.
- Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Management, Indore
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- S.P Jain Institute of Management, Mumbai
- International Management Institute, Ghaziabad
Book Free 15 Min Guide from our Experts
How Many Years for MBA Work Experience is Recommended
The question to ‘How Many Years Of MBA Work Experience is Recommended?’ is quite popular and crucial. In general, having 1-3 years of work experience before commencing an MBA program is recommended as a career suggestion. However, numerous highly regarded MBA courses around the world that are popular for MBA programs without work experience.
Additionally, work experience helps you in better understanding the various aspects of business processes as you already have practical backing. In terms of career growth and financial rewards, if you have certain years of work experience before beginning your MBA, it serves you better than pursuing an MBA straight out of college.
We hope this article has helped you understand how many years for MBA study as well as MBA how many years in the USA and other countries. Search and narrow down on an MBA program that suits your career interests, aspirations, and long-term objectives.