An MBA in Germany offers immense opportunities if you wish to pursue a career in the industry or research. With a variety of options in terms of degrees and specialisations and post-study opportunities, it is rightly counted amongst the most enriching studying experiences in the world.
Why Pursue an MBA in Germany?
- Cost-Effective Education: Germany is renowned all over the world for its extremely student-friendly tuition-fees structure and overall reasonable cost of living. MBA courses though a bit costlier, all things considered, it is considerably lower than in other countries. Further, a variety of allowances and scholarships give you abundant opportunities for additional income.
- World-Class Program Structure: In the top 100 business schools featuring in the QS Rankings 2020, 5 are situated in German cities. From internationally accredited degrees to world-class professors and acclaimed industry-linked courses to a multicultural environment, the level of education is unparalleled. Further, options of MBA in Germany without work experience are also widely available.
- No language barrier: Contrary to common conceptions, German proficiency is not a strict requirement in the application process for an MBA in Germany. Therefore, being proficient in English is enough. Further, there are innumerable opportunities and advantages of learning German as well across Europe and beyond.
- Innumerable Scholarship Opportunities: Germany has an all-inclusive scholarship and opportunities portal called DAAD where you can find numerous scholarships as per your needs. Students from India may be eligible for many other allowances as well.
- Endless opportunities to work: With bustling cities such as Frankfurt, Berlin, Munich, etc., you will get an unmatched atmosphere to gain industrial experience. For those who are interested in research, opportunities are abundant in this field as well.
- Degree and Subject Options: As mentioned above, an MBA in Germany is offered in different specialisations and degree options. This includes Full Time and Part-time MBA in Germany, MBA in Germany without Work experience and for working professionals and MBA in Germany without GMAT and with GMAT/GRE. Furthermore, some prominent specialisations are mentioned below.
|MBA Business Analytics||MBA in Human Resource Management||MBA in Petroleum Management|
|MBA in Fashion Management||MBA Media Management||MBA Aviation|
|MBA Event Management||MBA Insurance and Banking||MBA International Business|
|MBA Operations||MBA Strategy||MBA Consulting|
|MBA Marketing||MBA Information Technology||MBA Communication|
|MBA Entrepreneurship||MBA in Engineering Management||MBA in Rural Management|
|MBA in Supply Chain Management||MBA Finance||MBA in Healthcare Management|
|MBA Product Management||MBA Interior Designing||MBA Accounting|
In addition to the above, the multi-cultural and highly hospitable study environment of German cities make it more attractive. You will meet a variety of people who might hail from different corners of the world.
Consult Our Experts for 15 minutes
Best MBA Colleges in Germany
Given below is a list of colleges that offer widely appreciated courses of MBA in Germany. While we have focused on Full Time and Executive MBA, there are plenty of options of Part-time MBA in Germany and MBA in Germany without GMAT.
|1.||MBA||University of Mannheim||Mannheim|
|3.||MBA||EBS University of Business & Law||Rheingau-Taunus-Kreis|
|4.||MBA||Frankfurt School of Finance and Management||Frankfurt|
|5.||MBA||International School of Management||Dortmund|
|6.||MBA in Healthcare Management||University of Bayreuth||Bayreuth|
|7.||Executive MBA in Leadership and Logistics||Kuhne Logistics University||Hamburg|
|8.||MBA||FOM University of Applied Sciences||Esslingen|
|9.||Executive MBA||Johannes Gutenburg University||Mainz|
MBA in Germany Eligibility
There are a few eligibility conditions that you have to fulfil to apply for an MBA in Germany program abroad. These change from location to location.
- Qualifying degree like bachelor’s or equivalent in any discipline, for instance, a ‘bachelor’s in commerce’. In general, there is no restriction as to the nature and discipline of the course.
- Minimum marks obtained in the qualifying examination as per university guidelines. Better grades, better chances. However, your all overall candidature is evaluated.
- While it is recommended to have around 1-3 years of experience for applying for an MBA in Germany, it is not a strict condition. If you are interested in an MBA in Germany without Work experience, you can choose from a variety of options.
- GRE/GMAT test scores, if required. For an MBA program, typically GMAT is strongly recommended though GRE also is widely adequate. However, there are plenty of options for an MBA in Germany without GMAT also.
- Applicants are typically asked to submit IELTS/TOEFL/PTE exam scores to prove English language proficiency. Obtaining an over 7 band score is usually enough.
How do I go About Applying for an MBA in Germany
Now that you well-versed with the eligibility requirements, the next step is to apply for admission.
- Follow the minimum eligibility requirements as mentioned in the above section and any other specific instruction in the university guidelines.
- Attach GMAT/GRE along with IELTS/TOEFL/PTE Test Scores [as required]
- Complete and submit the Application Form [Passport, Statement of Purpose, Two/Three letters of Recommendation, Transcripts Experience Letter (if required), Financial Support Statement/Funding Essay (if applying for funding), etc.]
- Pay Application Fee.
- Personal Interview/Group Discussion/Writing Task [if required]
- Your application will be confirmed, waitlisted or rejected within 2-3 months of applying.
- Deposit the required Tuition Fees & Other Fees within the deadline.
- Submit the Student Visa Application as early as possible.
- Sort out accommodation issues.
Cost of Studying MBA in Germany
While pursuing an MBA is a costly affair, Germany is something of an outlier. While the average full time MBA in Germany stands at 30000 EUR to 50000 EUR. This is a whole 15% less than what is charged in UK and USA. In addition to this, you will be eligible for many living allowances and scholarships administered by the German government. The living costs range from 650 EUR to 1050 EUR for a modest accommodation. Furthermore, the process of tuition fee deposit involves blocked account.
FAQs(Frequently Asked Questions)
Here are some of the common FAQs that applicants have while applying for an MBA in Germany.
Is it possible to apply for an MBA in Germany without GMAT?
Ans. Yes. GMAT is recommended but not strictly required. While some universities consider applications for MBA in Germany without GMAT, some don’t ask for it at all. However, it is recommended that you appear for the GMAT once. If you get a good score, submit it, else, don’t. Many universities consider the GRE in place of GMAT so if you feel GRE is more suited to your strengths, you can appear for that as well.
Is it possible to pursue a Part-time MBA in Germany?
Ans. Yes. There are many options of Part-time MBA in Germany in addition to Full Time, Executive, Distance and Online options, amongst others.
Is it possible to pursue an MBA in Germany without Work experience?
Ans. Yes, it is possible to do an MBA in Germany without work experience. Work exposure is generally required for 1 year MBA and Executive MBA courses. If you are applying for 2 year Regular MBA courses, work experience is typically not required.
Are there any scholarship awards for MBA in Germany?
Ans. Yes. There are countless opportunities of scholarships and funding options for pursuing an MBA in Germany. Here are some of the most prominent options you must explore.
- Central Sector Scheme of National Overseas Scholarship
- DAAD Scholarship
- Global Study Awards
- Go Clean Scholarship
- Financial Sumo Educational Scholarship Program
Is it mandatory to give IELTS or TOEFL to apply for an MBA in Germany?
Ans. Mostly, yes. IELTS and TOEFL are English language qualifications that are needed if you belong to a non-native English-speaking country. In other words, applicants from India are required to submit their IELTS/TOELF scores in most colleges. Usually, there is a minimum band score that you need to clear and that is enough.