Have you been searching for more information about how MBA in Canada without GMAT would go? Well, you have made the right choice to read this article.
Master of Business Administration (MBA), is the world’s most sought after a graduate degree. An MBA degree arms you with the fundamental knowledge of management. Exposure to different aspects of leadership and entrepreneurial qualities polishes your overall personality. The degree focuses on a holistic improvement of the concept of business accommodating areas like marketing, finance, and accounting. The vital soft skill development and leadership capacity building is what marks its uniqueness.
What is GMAT? How Does it Contribute to MBA?
The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is a standardised evaluating system used by various Graduate Business Schools around the globe. The score screens the applicants with the highest potential to pursue graduation overseas. As opposed to the traditional courses offered, the educational institutions offering MBA have become quite accommodating of people from various fields and backgrounds. This weakens the strength of GMAT purely designed to screen applicants on the basis of subject-specific domains. While most universities believe GMAT to be the apex of screening an applicant on the basis of business and management skills, this is not the case for some university criteria.
The GMAT waving Business schools offering MBA is a blessing in disguise for working professionals in search of opportunities for self-growth as well as the growth of the workplace they are engaged in.
Advantages of MBA in Canada without GMAT
While making decisions about selecting a place for pursuing your education overseas, return on investment (ROI) should be one of your criteria to make an informed decision. The scope and job opportunities available at the end of the course should maintain a balance in your cost-benefit ratio. Here’s how Canada brings a balance in your cost-benefit ratio:
- Affordable fees: Studying business management courses in Canada has been considered one of the most feasible expenditures.
- Quality education: Although cheaper, Canadian universities do not make any compromise with the quality of education imparted.
- Global ranking: With dedicated teaching professionals and dynamic personalities, business schools in Canada make it to the top of global rankings.
- Study and work-life balance: The Executive MBA courses in Canada provide leverage to the students to balance work life and studies.
- Exposure to multiculturalism: Business schools in Canada are quite accommodative of and promote multiculturalism which makes its course and ideas dynamic.
- Working professional friendly course structure: The Part-time Alternate Weekend MBA is a course without GMAT requirements outlined mostly for working professionals.
1 Year MBA in Canada without GMAT
The 1-year course in MBA in Canada without GMAT is the best choice for working professionals. Some of the Universities offering this career boost program are:
- INSEAD (France, Singapore, and Abu Dhabi)
- IE Business School, Spain
The programs offer a diverse classroom with open scope for discussion of ideas, global learning exposure and a solid curriculum and experiential learning.
Top Business Schools for MBA in Canada without GMAT
Every year Canada receives a huge number of applications from international students in search of MBA courses. This makes business schools adopt numerous criteria for selection. In such a case, finding a University willing to accept candidates without a GMAT score is a blessing. Here’s a list to halt your search further:
- Smith School of Business at Queen’s University, Kingston, Ontario
- Schulich Business School
- Ivey Business School, Western University, London, Ontario
- Wilfrid Laurier University, Toronto Campus, Ontario
- DeGroote Business School, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario (ON).
- Thompson Rivers University
- New York Institute of Technology (NYIT)
- Lakehead University
- Wilfrid Laurier University
Book Free 15 Min Guide from our Experts
Additional Business schools that might wave off GMAT or GRE are:
- Desautels Faculty of Management, McGill University, Quebec (QC)
- HEC Montréal, Quebec (QC)
- John Molson School of Business, Concordia University, Quebec (QC)
- Telfer School of Management, University of Ottawa, Ontario (ON)
- Beedie School of Business, Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, British Columbia (BC).
MBA in Canada without Work Experience
For many institutions, work experience happens to be the immediate alternative in the process of screening students opting for an MBA without a GMAT. Although applicants with work experience have an upper hand in the case of communication skills and are more accustomed to jargon, the work environment and practical knowledge of the challenges that might arise in fieldwork, you would be happy to know that some universities offer the degree to those without prior experience as well. There are various ways to supersede your lack of experience. Here’s how:
- A good and appealing CV loaded with course-relevant achievements: Be confident about what you put on your CV. This might be your chance to make an appealing impression on the first go.
- Statement of purpose: Be clear about how you might be a good fit for the institution you are applying for. Express in detail your interests, and ambition and the reason you are passionate about the course.
- Letter of recommendation: The applicants might take the help of their professors or even internship mentors to assist in their letter of recommendation. This helps in tracking the student’s authenticity of their claims.
Study Abroad Universities offering MBA without GMAT