MBA in Finance
MBA in Finance is a postgraduate management course in international banking and finance of a duration ranging from 12 months to 24 months in different institutions. The course is designed in a way that helps in the development of a comprehensive understanding of technical and management skills to become a fully developed manager in international banking and finance. It provides the students with a profound understanding of the financial models and the stock markets by providing them with a comprehensive knowledge of topics such as pricing, risk management, asset management, financial planning, etc. The various subjects taught in MBA in Finance include accounting, financial management, financial reporting, financial risk management, cost management, etc. the candidates are also taught to apply the theoretical knowledge so gained into the real financial and trading world.
MBA in Finance leads the candidates in becoming skilled professionals for managerial and related positions in the finance industry. The candidates learn to manage accounts and finances of the companies thereby assisting the companies in achieving their financial objectives. An MBA in Finance opens a large number of career opportunities to the students. They can go for jobs in various companies and industries providing the role of financial managers and advisors, helping the management to deal with their finances efficiently. They can also work in the stock market and related financial organizations where their role is to study the market fluctuations and advice the investors accordingly. The graduates of an MBA in Finance can also go on to start their own business and also themselves become traders in the stock market.
MBA IN GLOBAL FINANCE- COURSE HIGHLIGHTS
|MBA in Global Finance Course Level||Post-graduate|
|MBA in Global Finance Duration||12 months- 24 months (based on the University)|
|MBA in Global Finance Examination Type||Semester based|
|MBA in Global Finance Eligibility Criteria||· A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university,
· A GPA above entry requirements (depending on the university and program requirements),
· A GMAT score above entry requirements (depending on the university and program requirements),
· References, etc.
|MBA in Global Finance Average Fees||INR 20 lakhs to INR 80 lakhs|
|MBA in Global Finance Top Colleges||Stanford Graduate School of Business, University of Pennsylvania: Wharton, University of Chicago: Booth, Harvard Business School, New York University: Stern|
|MBA in Global Finance Average Salary||INR 40 LPA to INR 100 LPA|
|MBA in Global Finance Top Job Positions||Financial Manager, Financial Risk Manager, Financial Advisor, Financial Analyst, Investment Banker|
MBA in International Finance Salary
- There are several positions available to the graduates of International Finance in MBA as the finance field is one of the most significant fields of the corporate sector. The graduates in the field help in managing the finances of the companies which is one of the most important resources for a company to carry on their operations. These graduates also help in managing the finances of various individuals who are involved with the stock markets. The MBA in international finance salary hence depends on the type of job that the graduates of the course have opted and been selected for.
- MBA in international finance salary is also based on the institution from which the candidates have pursued the course and the amount of theoretical knowledge and practical knowledge and experience that they have gained. The MBA in international finance salary generally starts from INR 6 LPA to INR 30 LPA if the candidates pursue the course from India. However, the candidates also record growth with good performance and experience.
- The MBA in international finance salary of graduates from abroad is higher. The average salary of graduates in MBA in finance is around $75,000 which is around INR 55 LPA. However, this salary also depends on the country and the institution from which the candidates have pursued the course. The top countries for pursuing an MBA in Finance are the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, France, and Germany.
- The MBA in international finance salary also depends on the recruiters recruiting the graduates in the course. The top recruiters of graduates of MBA in Finance are Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Boston Consulting Group, JP Morgan Chase & Co., Barclays, etc. If a candidate manages to be an employee of the top recruiting companies, their salary package might be around $ 100,000.
MBA in Global Banking and Finance in Canada
MBA in Global Banking and Finance in Canada is sought for by students interested in the study of pricing, asset management, financial planning, investments, financial markets, etc., and want to make a good career in it. Canada is one of the leading nations providing the course of MBA in Global Banking and Finance. Canada not only provides the students with the competent knowledge of the course but also provides a multicultural, conducive environment wherein students fit in easily. A lot of international students are attracted to study in Canada as it is one of the safest places for them to provide modern and advanced education. Moreover, Canada is also one of the wealthiest countries with a growing economy that provides students with immense career opportunities. MBA in Global Banking and Finance in Canada is also preferred by students as it provides them with a lot of opportunities both during and after their course. They are assisted by some of the world’s best faculty and are provided with various practical experiences as well.
The duration of an MBA in Global Banking and Finance in Canada ranges from 12 months to 20 months. The average cost of doing an MBA in Global Banking and Finance in Canada is around 35.000 CAD and the average salary that a graduate of the course gets is around 60,000 CAD.
MBA in Global Banking and Finance in Canada- Important Details
|Admission Criteria||The applicants must have completed their undergraduate degree from a recognized institution in fields like business, financial management, etc. Generally, a minimum GPA of 3.0 is accepted.
GMAT or GRE scores of the candidates are required. The minimum requirements of these tests vary in different universities.
English proficiency tests like IELTS and TOEFL are required. The minimum requirements of these tests also differ for different universities.
|Top Colleges||McGill University, University Canada West, University of Alberta, Laval University|
|Tuition Fee||INR 20,00,000 to INR 30,00,000|
|Cost of Living||INR 50,000 to INR 60,000 per month|
|Career Opportunities||Accountant, Budget Analyst, Financial Analyst, Risk Manager, etc.|
MBA in Banking and Finance in the UK
The United Kingdom is an economic leader in the global economy and has contributed greatly to the economy, culture, and scientific understanding of the modern world. The UK is home to a large number of universities with strong academic backgrounds. It is on the list of the top countries to get a degree in MBA in Finance. Finance is related to asset management and the course curriculum of MBA in Banking and Finance in the UK provides the students of finance with the knowledge of money management, risk management, investments, etc. along with providing them with basic business-related knowledge.
MBA in Banking and Finance in UK- Key Points
- Some of the world’s top-rated business and finance schools are located in the United Kingdom offering an MBA in Finance.
- The academic year of an MBA in Banking and Finance in the UK starts generally from September and is divided into two semesters. The duration of a full-time course in MBA in Banking and Finance in the UK is generally around 12 months to 24 months in different universities.
- International students need to have an undergraduate degree from a recognized institution and work experience in the business field to get enrolled in the MBA in Banking and Finance program in the UK. The students are also required to have a GRE/GMAT score to get admission to the top universities. The minimum requirements of the score differ in different institutions. The international students also have to prove their English proficiency by providing their IELTS or TOEFL score. The minimum score of these exams varies in different universities.
- Some of the top universities providing an MBA in Banking and Finance in the UK are the University of Birmingham, the University of Sunderland, Bangor University, Coventry University, etc.
- The tuition fee for pursuing an MBA in Banking and Finance in the UK is INR 20,00,000 to INR 40,00,000. The cost of living in the UK is around INR 70,000 to INR 1,00,000 per month.
- After graduation, the students have great career possibilities. The average starting salary of MBA in Banking and Finance graduates is around INR 70 LPA.
Which MBA is best for Finance?
A question that comes into the mind of students going for an MBA in Finance is ‘Which MBA is best for finance?’ The answer to this question is the list of universities providing the best MBA courses in Finance. The top business schools which provide the best banking and financial education and prepare their students to enter the banking and financial sector are listed below:
- University of Pennsylvania (Wharton), Philadelphia
- University of Chicago (Booth), Chicago
- New York University (Stern), New York
- Columbia University, New York
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Sloan), Cambridge
- Stanford University, Stanford
- University of California- Berkeley (Haas), Berkeley
- Harvard University, Boston
- University of California- Los Angeles (Anderson), Los Angeles
- University of Michigan- Ann Arbor (Ross), Ann Arbor
The list given above answers the question ‘Which MBA is best for finance?’
Is MBA in finance difficult?
The answer to the question ‘Is MBA in finance difficult?’ has different layers to it.
- Firstly, the choice of a particular specialization in MBA is based on the students’ skills and interests. If a student is interested in the knowledge of money management and financial planning, he/ she would find MBA in Finance easy.
- Secondly, a student who is good in maths and statistics would find an MBA in Finance to be easy. Students who find these subjects difficult to deal with will have difficulties in dealing with the course as well.
- Thirdly, the answer to the question ‘Is MBA in finance difficult?’ is not only related to the difficulty with the subject itself. While pursuing an MBA in Finance, a student has to take care of a lot of things involved with the course. The students have to keep a grasp on the theoretical knowledge of the concepts of finance and also keep in pace with the practical implementations of it in the internships and practical assessments.
- Lastly, students pursuing an MBA in Finance from abroad also have to take care of the living expenses and other related problems of living in a foreign country while pursuing their courses.
Hence, the answer to ‘Is MBA in finance difficult?’ depends on the capability, passion, and interest of the students pursuing the course.
What is the scope of an MBA in finance?
Another very important question that the students have in mind is ‘What is the scope of an MBA in finance?’ Before pursuing a course, a student needs to be clear about the career scope of the course and be sure if he/she wants to choose that career.
- The answer to ‘What is the scope of MBA in finance?’ is not a direct one. The scope of an MBA in Finance is very wide. The students of MBA in Finance learn the financial skills of financial decision-making, risk management, budgeting, costing, investment management, working capital management, etc. They have to use this knowledge further in the companies they are recruited in to manage their finances for the benefit of that company. The graduates in this course have the option to choose to enter various sectors like the corporate sector, real estate, banking, investment, or other industrial sectors.
- MBA in Finance helps the students gain banking and financial knowledge and sharpen their general business knowledge.
- The students also learn the skills of asset management, money management, and financial management.
- The graduates of an MBA in Finance are offered the roles of a financial advisor, investment banker, Financial Officer, Risk Managers, etc. which are high-paying jobs in the finance sector.