The popularity of MBA programs has given rise to many different types of MBA being offered at institutions. This includes Full Time Regular MBA and Part-Time MBA along with Executive MBA, Distance MBA, Online MBA, and much more. A common question that faces every MBA aspirant is ‘Is It Good To Do MBA Without Work Experience?’. In other words, does an MBA undertaken without work experience help? And if so, what are the options of an MBA without work experience across the world. In this article, we will analyse these questions as well as present you with some well-appreciated options of MBA without work experience to choose from.
MBA without Work Experience: What Does it Entail?
- Also termed as ‘early career’ programs, MBA without work experience train and equip you for your first professional position. While many MBA programs are designed for candidates who already have a few years’ experience under their belt, Early Career programs are geared towards giving the desired knowledge, analytical and networking skills to a candidate who is about to enter the workforce for the first time.
- Since after gaining an Early Career MBA, the financial ROI grows gradually, it promises to be a significant boost on the candidate’s profile throughout his/her career.
- You get to learn the mechanics of the trade quite early, whether it is handling a tough situation, networking, team-building and team working, communication and coordination, etc.
- Modules of work placements are creatively included within the structure of the program. You may have 6 months of placements, workshops, internships, professional mentorships, etc. to help candidates apply what they have learnt in a real business scenario.
- However, with all these advantages, experts also warn of the concerns.
- Owing to little or no exposure to business dynamics, an Early Career MBA candidate loses out on a practical experience. Whereas someone with two-five years of experience will know exactly how it is in the real world and bring in solutions while being mindful of this fact.
- Institutions offering MBA without work experience don’t rank that high when put alongside traditional MBA programs with work experience.
- While the admissions page may state that the work experience requirement is 0-5 years, for instance, the class profile may show that those getting in with 0-2 years of work experience are quite low.
- The top institutions of the world have tried to navigate through these concerns with their own spin. While the Harvard Business School offers the 2+2 Deferred MBA program, the Yale School of Management has brought its Yale Silver Scholars Program. Such programs follow a course structure of roughly 1-year study, 6 months-1 years of work, and then 1 year of study again.
Get Free Consultation from our Experts
MBA Without Work Experience In Canada
- Canadian universities account for around 6 of the top business schools in the world according to the QS Global MBA Rankings 2018. Programs of MBA Without Work Experience In Canada and MBA programs in general, provide students with the best-in-class facilities and resources to learn and train along with opportunities to work in the North American business ecosystem.
- The Indian diaspora, including students and residents, is quite substantial in Canada which helps greatly in cultural assimilation. Candidates can gain from a widespread alumni network of their school as well as across North America. There is lively music, food and travel culture as well.
- The fee structure of programs of MBA without work experience in Canada vary according to the university. While the top brass of schools in Canada charges in line with other similar B-schools, those below that are quite student-friendly. On average, you may have to shell out about $20,000 per year on Tuition fees and another $7,000-$8,500 on living expenses.
- Course Offerings of MBA Without Work Experience In Canada
- University of Alberta School of Business, Alberta, Canada
- The University of Windsor, Canada
- Sobey School of Business, St. Mary’s University, Canada
- Goodman School of Business, Brock University, Canada
- Thompson Rivers University, Canada
- Smith College of Business, Queen’s University, Canada
- Lazaridis School of Business, Wilfrid Laurier University in Canada
- MBA Admission Without Work Experience In Canada
- Check whether a 3-year degree from India is equivalent to a Canadian 4 year’s bachelor’s degree.
- Relevant degree, GRE/GMAT and IELTS/TOEFL scores, letters of recommendation from professor/supervisor, Statement of Purpose, Resume/CV, are some of the basic requirements.
- Many programs count internships, projects as work experience as well for MBA Admission Without Work Experience In Canada.
MBA Without Work Experience In USA
- It is not unexpected that the USA has the highest share of universities offering MBA in the top 100 as per the QS Rankings and THE World University Rankings. It attracts some of the largest admits from across the world. MBA without work experience in USA provides a complete uplift in a candidate’s outlook, skills and knowledge and train him/her for an exceptional career in management.
- US cities like New York, California, Boston, Washington, etc. house some of the largest enterprises and organisations around the globe that regularly hire from its top business schools to fill their top business and executive positions. Some examples include Apple, Facebook, JP Morgan, Google, Goldman Sachs, Deloitte, etc.
- Course Offerings of MBA Without Work Experience In USA
- Harvard Business School, Harvard University, USA
- Columbia Business School, Columbia University, USA
- Marshall School of Business, University of South Carolina, USA
- Robert H Smith School of Business, University of Maryland, USA
- Carey Business School, Johns Hopkins University, USA
- Stern School of Management, New York University, USA
- Boston University School of Management, USA
MBA Without Work Experience In Europe
MBA Without Work Experience In Germany
- German public universities boast of exceptionally student-friendly tuition-fees structure and largely reasonable cost of living. MBA courses, including MBA without work experience in Germany, though a bit costlier in private institutions, all things considered, is significantly lower than in other countries, especially the US and UK. Additionally, allowances and scholarships, as mentioned below, are also available.
- Programs of MBA without work experience in Germany are offered in both English and German, so candidates don’t have to worry about the language barrier.
- Scholarship Options: DAAD Scholarship, Central Sector Scheme of National Overseas Scholarship, Global Study Awards, Financial Sumo Educational Scholarship Program, Go Clean Scholarship, etc.
- Course Offerings of MBA without work experience in Germany:
- University of Kiel, Germany
- School of Management, Technical University of Munich, Germany
- Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Germany
- University of Ulm, Germany
- University of Tubingen, Germany
MBA Without Work Experience In UK
- MBA programs in the UK are accredited by the AMBA which are a mark of institutional excellence around the world. Nearly 30 universities offer MBA without work experience in UK.
- Typically, the General MBA program is quite prevalent amongst those wishing to pursue an MBA without work experience in UK.
- Along with traditional MBA programs, there are also Master in Management and MS in Management choices widely available.
- Course Offerings of MBA without work experience in UK:
- University of Northampton, UK
- University of Sunderland, UK
- University of East London, UK
- Coventry University, UK
- University of Swansea, UK
- University of Derby, UK
- University of South Wales, UK
MBA Without Work Experience In France
- HEC Paris, France is one of the top management school in France. It offers a Master in Management for candidates with 0-24 months’ work experience. The program is ranked second in the world in MIM programs. There are many other options of MBA Without Work Experience In France.
- The school considers the overall candidature of the applicant, right from his grades and internships/projects to language proficiency, extracurricular activities, letters of recommendation.
- Scholarship Options of MBA Without Work Experience In France include ISM Scholarship, INSEAD GEMBA Scholarships & INSEAD Class of MBA ’65 Scholarships for Diversity, Eiffel Scholarship, EDHEC Global MBA Scholarships for International Students, Erasmus Mundus Scholarships, etc.
MBA Without Work Experience India
- MBA without work experience India is the norm as the top B-Schools in India offer MBA programs with little or no work experience required.
- The admissions is undertaken through entrances CAT, XAT, MAT, etc. and not university-based. Therefore, there is more or less a common admissions structure.
- Some institutions, for instance, the Indian School of Business, have MBA without work experience India on their catalogues as well.
- Course Offerings
- Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Management, Indore
- S.P Jain Institute of Management, Mumbai
- International Management Institute, Ghaziabad
MBA with Work Experience: Admission
- Fulfil the minimum MBA in abroad eligibility requirements [bachelor’s qualification, minimum marks in relevant qualification, etc. as required].
- English Proficiency IELTS/TOEFL/PTE andAptitude Test GMAT/GRE Scores [as required]
- Submission of complete Application Package [Passport, Statement of Purpose/Personal Statement, Resume/CV, Two/Three letters of Recommendation, Transcripts, Financial Support Statement/Funding Essay (if applying for funding), etc.]
- Application Fee Payment.
- Personal Interview/Group Discussion [optional].
- Usually, your results will be confirmed within the 2-3 months of applying.
- Deposit the requisite Tuition Fees.
- Submit your Student Permit Application.
In the end, to answer to the ‘Is It Good To Do MBA Without Work Experience?’ question, we will say that it all depends on career objectives and aspirations. If it suits your goals, then go for it.