Key Advantages of New GMAT Version (GMAT Focus Edition)
The GMAT Focus Edition is an upcoming version of the GMAT exam that will be launched in the last quarter of 2023. The new GMAT exam version is designed to be more efficient, flexible, and insightful for students.
Let’s explore the new GMAT test or GMAT Focus Edition advantages for Students:
- Significantly shorter test time:
- The new GMAT test version reduces the test time to 2 hours and 15 minutes, which is more than a 25% reduction from the current GMAT exam.
- A shorter test time means less stress and exam exhaustion for the test takers.
- More flexible test-taking experience:
- Candidates taking the GMAT Focus Exam will have the freedom to choose the order in which they take the three sections of the exam.
- This flexibility allows them to manage their time more effectively and start with their strongest section.
- It also helps reduce test anxiety by allowing candidates to approach the exam in a way that feels comfortable to them.
- Removal of the essay section:
- The GMAT focus edition discontinues the Analytical Writing Assessment (AWA) or the essay section.
- This change benefits students by reducing their preparation time and helping them focus on the other sections of the exam.
- Review and Edit up to 3 questions:
- In the new GMAT version, candidates can flag as many questions as they want for review, and change up to three of their responses at the end of each section, if time permits.
- This feature provides greater flexibility and control for test-takers and enhances the accuracy of their results.
- Single unified score:
- Unlike the current GMAT exam, the new one provides a single unified score equally weighted for the three sections: Data Insights, Quantitative Reasoning, and Verbal Reasoning.
- This unified score gives candidates a clear indication of their performance in the exam.
- Detailed Performance Insight:
- The new GMAT exam version includes a detailed Performance Insight that provides in-depth information about a student’s performance free of cost.
- This enhanced score report helps students understand their strengths and weaknesses, enabling them to focus on areas that need improvement.
- Improved score sending:
- It includes having the freedom to assess their Official Score before deciding whether to send it to schools.
- The Official Score Report includes the Total and Sectional Scores from a single exam, and students can choose the programs they wish to send their scores to, 48 hours after they receive their Official Score.
- Get your unofficial score on the test day:
- After completing the exam, students can see their unofficial scores for the Quantitative Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning, and Data Insights sections, along with the Total Score.
- Please note that recording, saving, taking screenshots, or printing the unofficial score is not permitted
- Reduction of the syllabus in the Verbal and Quantitative Reasoning Sections:
- The GMAT Focus Edition discontinues certain topics like Geometry in the Quantitative Reasoning section and Sentence Correction in the Verbal Reasoning section.
- This reduction in the syllabus allows students to have a lighter preparation load.
- However, it’s important to note that the Data Insights section requires diligent preparation, as it is now included in the main score.
The new GMAT exam version offers various advantages. However, it’s important to note that there are also changes that may increase the workload for students. Previously, Integrated Reasoning (IR) didn’t contribute to the main score, so students often didn’t allocate much preparation time for it. But with Data Insights now included in the main score, this will significantly change. Whether these changes make the test easier or more challenging will depend on each student’s individual strengths. Therefore, students should adapt their preparation strategies accordingly to maximize their performance in this new edition of the exam.
Get the best GMAT online coaching in India at EduAims. We offer comprehensive coaching and personalized guidance to help you excel in your GMAT exams. Join us to get the best guidance for GMAT and achieve your dream score.