There is no disagreement that competition in the MBA Entrance exam has enhanced to another level. Aspirants from different streams have opted for doing an MBA. The most shocking is that doctors choose MBA after MBBS degree and have joined the race, making the competition sturdier than ever before. Undoubtedly, MBA is a well-versed option for individuals who want to utilize their supervisory skills in their careers. MBA after MBBS will help the graduates get top-level executive positions in the healthcare Industry for prosperous career goals.
Can anyone Pursue MBA after MBBS?
The answer is yes!! Any aspirant can do MBA after MBBS. If a doctor wants to give his medical career an excellent twist and opens up a wider path for better job aspects, then MBA after MBBS is a brilliant choice for him or her. MBA after MBBS makes you an expert in both hospital administration and management fields. Also, MBA after MBBS graduates has become the most preferred choice of top-notch pharmaceutical companies, like GE Healthcare, Medtronic, etc. With a basic medical degree, a Masters’s in Business Administration after MBBS will add an extra level to your skill set and lets you flip new opportunities and lead your career to upper heights.
Is There Any Scope of MBA after MBBS?
The MBA after MBBS scope is immense, something beyond your imagination. Becoming an MBA after MBBS provides one the full liberty to choose unique career goals in the medical field, which an MS or MD can’t get. MBA after MBBS scope makes the door open for some sensational career options, including Medical Director, Medical Consultant, Health data manager, pharmaceutical project manager, Healthcare advisor, Health Information Manager, Hospital Manager, Healthcare policy analyst, CFO, Hospital Administrator, Emergency Specialist, and many more. After doing an MBA, a doctor can join the topmost healthcare companies or consulting firms or become an entrepreneur.
Benefits of Studying MBA after MBBS
There are multiple reasons you can have for studying MBA after MBBS. Let’s check out some of the below-mentioned benefits.
- Students interested in developing managerial skills can pursue MBA from any top class B schools after MBBS.
- MBA after MBBS allows the student to stand out from the rest who have done MBBS and opens a new door of opportunity to be the biggest influencer in the medical field.
- MBA after MBBS degree makes you eligible to become head of a hospital instead of just being an employee. The person gets a chance of delivering value-added services to the patients and at the same time handling the administration department and operations of the hospital.
- Students can also avail themselves of doing their MBA after MBBS through the Distance Education program or Online MBA course according to their preference. In this case, students will have to bear only a small portion of the total fees, with the benefits of completing it from their home only.
- Students can choose many interesting MBA specializations options, such as – MBA Hospital Management, MBA healthcare management, MBA Hospital Administration, MBA Hospital Management, MBA Healthcare, and Hospital Management, etc.
- Acquiring an MBA after doing an MBBS degree is a real career booster. A lot of career opportunities will be opened for the students in the top-rated healthcare establishments.
- Getting an MBA degree is an intelligent decision to avoid the tough competition at the level of a Postgraduate degree in the medical field.
- The ultra-critical thoughts and logical skills uplifted during the long years of MBBS are extremely beneficial in doing MBA courses.
Free 15 Minutes Consultation with our Experts
Completing MBA after MBBS in India
Candidates who want to apply for MBA courses after achieving an MBBS degree must ensure that they pass the eligibility criteria for doing the course. While most of the colleges require common eligibility criteria, some colleges have certain requirements for their course. Find below some of the details of the medical students’ eligibility criteria for doing MBA degrees in India.
Eligibility for MBA after MBBS
- Candidates applying for an MBA degree should complete graduation. So for medical background students for doing an MBA, completing an MBBS degree is considered valid.
- The acquired MBBS degree from a university or college must be recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and the University Grants Commission (UGC).
- Most of India’s top business schools need applicants to score at least 50% aggregate marks in their graduation degree. So, the same rule goes for MBBS students also.
- Besides, the business schools or colleges also demand that candidates have received throughput passing scores in all of the subjects and semesters of graduation degree.
- Candidates should be only academically eligible and be required to appear and qualify in the MBA entrance exam (Written exam, Group discussion, and Personal Interview) specified by the college. Top-rated MBA schools in India offer merit-based admissions after clearing the following entrance exams like CAT, GMAT, XAT, etc.
- Highly reputed business schools may require their candidates to have a minimum of 1-2 years of work experience for doing MBA after MBBS in India. This is correct if you are opting for an Executive MBA course.
Best Foreign Countries to Studying MBA
The students, who want to study abroad, can do their MBA after MBBS from the USA, UK, or Canada. It will also lead them to get better pay-scaled jobs and vast career opportunities. Hence, students must check their eligibility for doing an MBA degree abroad, which is mentioned below.
Candidates willing to study MBA abroad must complete graduation or a bachelor’s degree in business administration or any field from a recognized university.
Pursuing an MBA degree abroad requires minimum practical work experience of 3 to 5 years. However, the positive side is that some universities also approve admission to MBA Abroad without any work experience.
One of the most important criteria for doing an MBA Abroad is to be skilled and knowledgeable in the country’s particular language from where he or she wants to do an MBA.
Scope of doing MBA in Canada
Canada is ready to welcome you with many career opportunities, especially for MBA aspirants who have already finished their MBBS Programs. Become Master in Healthcare Administration is one of the highest-level professional courses offered at A grade universities in Canada for experienced healthcare professionals. Here, 5 top-rated B schools in Canada for the aspirants who want to do MBA after MBBS in Canada are mentioned below.
· University of British Columbia
· Affordable college fees and low cost of living
· Quality learning experience
· Top-rated institutions ranked globally
· Development in a multilingual environment
Why choose the USA for pursuing MBA
Want to study MBA after MBBS in the USA? The country has no shortage of top business schools to choose from. Jobs are plenty in the healthcare industry. You just have to grab it timely. And for doing a fruitful management course, the USA has been one of the top studying destinations for aspirants worldwide. You won’t believe that the top 3 Universities in the QS MBA Rankings 2020 come from the US only. Here a list of the top 5 US MBA colleges mentioned below.
· Harvard University
· Massachusetts Institute of Technology
· New York University
· University of California, Berkeley
· Stanford University
· Quality education with practical experience of internships
· Become adjustable to a multicultural environment
· Double chances of getting dream job with a good annual package
· Developing handling challenging situations
Significance of doing MBA in the UK
UK stands second in the most preferred study destination around the world. Obtaining a degree of MBA after MBBS in the UK is recognized worldwide. It has already assisted multiple aspirants to achieve their dream jobs and even become entrepreneurs in distinctive fields. UK provides a one-year MBA Course for MBBS students. Studying a business management program in the UK is a wise decision for the freshers since they allow many students with zero work experience. The basic requirements for applying to a good Business School are mentioned below.
· A score of the GMAT Exam.
· Universities demand MBA Essays as per their wish
· Recommendation and NOC Letters from previous institutes or working organizations.
· London Business School
· Cambridge Judge Business School
· Imperial College Business School
· University OF Edinburgh Business School
· University of Oxford, Said Business School
University from where you are going to obtain your MBA after MBBS plays a key role in determining your career progression. Acquiring an MBA degree from prestigious colleges like IIM with the right specialization choice will provide a new shape to your career. This unusual and promising career path is a relatively new one, and we have to reach our destination safely and win the game with a big smile.
1 thought on “MBA after MBBS: A Deadly Combination ”
Comments are closed.