Can we do MBA after B.Com?
The Master of Business Administration(MBA) is one of the most sought after degrees for Post Graduation. This course is not limited to the fields of Business and Management and spreads an umbrella for other fields of management including B.Com, B.Tech, or even B.Sc. Students from any background can pursue an MBA which also indicates that MBA after B.Com is indeed possible.
Step-by-Step Procedure to apply for MBA after B.Com
You might be worried and anxious to select your career option after you have completed your B.Com. You have come to the right place. We provide a step-by-step guide to applying for MBA. Here is a list of requirements that would admit you to some of the top colleges and Universities after your undergrads.
- Prepare for GMAT test for pursuing MBA from India or abroad.
- Prepare for CAT/ XAT/ CMAT/ SNAP/ CET/ MAT for pursuing an MBA after B.Com in India.
- Many Universities abroad scrap off GMAT, the alternatives of which include:
An appealing CV, Work experience, Letter of Recommendation and a well-written and proper Statement of Purpose.
- For an MBA after B.Com in abroad without GMAT, language proficiency tests might supersede.
- Prepare for Group Discussion and Personal Interviews.
The tests are based on assessing an applicant’s skills and aptitude for business and management. The skills include logical reasoning, quantitative aptitude, verbal or language proficiency, data interpretation and general knowledge.
5 reasons to choose MBA after B.Com
The curriculum of B.Com is quite similar to that of MBA. You won’t much difficulty in shifting to a new field or adapting to the course. Here are some of the reasons that might convince you to choose an MBA after your B.Com degree:
- Colourful and Experiential Learning Opportunity: A B.Com degree provides you with the basic aspects of business planning, finance, marketing,economics, etc. While this knowledge can be your building block to grasp the curriculum of MBA structured for application of business and management principles more quickly and efficiently.
- Specialization in a number of interesting domains:
An MBA after B.Com provides you with a lot of opportunities to kickstart your career. Some specialised and interesting domains that you might choose for MBA after B.Com include:
- MBA in Construction Management
- MBA in Supply Chain Management
- MBA in Hospitality Management
- MBA in Operations
- MBA in Hotel Management
- MBA in Sports Management
- MBA in Project Management
- MBA in Event Management
- MBA in Agriculture
- MBA in Human Resource Management
- MBA in International Trade Management
- MBA in Arts and Culture Management
- MBA in Communication and Public Relation
- MBA in Digital Marketing
- MBA in e-Business
- MBA in International Marketing
- MBA in Fashion Management
- MBA in Sales
- MBA in Supply Chain Management
Your business aptitude and interest might lead you anywhere. Choose the one most appropriate for you in terms of your calibre and interest.
- Leadership role and an entrepreneurial mindset: MBA is a widely recognized credible degree that offers MBA grads a leadership aptitude and managerial principles. An MBA with any speliazation refines your technical, conceptual, interpersonal, and decision-making skills. Such skills are applicable for any career field. Having a refined skill might fetch you the perks earlier.
- Handsome Salary: An MBA grad on an average earns handsomely as compared to oter traditional jobs. Subject to your business aptitude and the kind of specialization you opt for, MBA pays you well around 300K per annum to even 5 Million per annum. However the job role, location, experience combined wtith your skills and aptitude, your salary might vary.
- Stand Out From the Crowd: The highly competitive world quickly disregards any loopholes. With the right skills and an impressive profile you gain a better chance at cracking some of the highly regarded job roles.
MBA after B.Com Duration
As is the case with any other Post Graduate course, MBA also consists of a 2-year-long duration. However, based on the Universities offering the type of MBA, it might vary. Some Universities offer Executive or Accelerated MBA that might be 1 and a half years long or sometimes only a year. Many Business schools offer 1 year MBA courses in India.
Can you do MBA after B.Com?
MBA is like an umbrella term that accommodates students from any background. Instead of sticking to your field of education, you can take a taste of an MBA after you complete B.Com for a better career prospect and handsome pay.
How much can I earn after MBA after B.Com?
Based on the job role, location, your work experience, combined with your business skills and aptitude, your salary might range somewhere between 300k per annum to 5Million per annum.
Why choose MBA after B.Com?
B.Com provides you with a basic understanding of business planning, finance, marketing, economics, etc. An MBA is made of a similar curriculum focusing on the application of business and management principles. It provides you with:
- Experiential learning
- Specialization in interesting domains
- Handsome salary
- Leadership and entrepreneurial mindset
- An opportunity to stand out in the crowd