Applying for GRE is a tedious job and the process of preparation might have left you confused or might be the case that the universities you have applied for have rescheduled their exam dates. In such cases knowing how to reschedule GRE might work in your favour to help you deal with the situation without stress.
What is GRE Scholarship?
A Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scholarship is a financial aid that a university provides to the students. It is based on a few criteria which might include academic record, financial condition or any other achievement. This blog explores the details of how to register, how to reschedule your GRE test and similar aspects. The benefit of a GRE scholarship is immense. It greatly reduces your expenses of living and studying abroad.
What is GRE General Test vs Subject Test?
Different grad programs or PhD programs require applicants to take the general test as well as Subject Test that assesses technical knowledge related to a specific discipline like physics, psychology or mathematics.
The GRE General Test consists of three sections:
- Verbal reasoning
- Quantitative reasoning
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
The GRE Subject Test is a more specified and specialized test. It assesses whether the applicant has the aptitude to pursue the subject or the particular field.
GRE Subject Test is specifically designed for students who have an undergraduate major or extensive background in one of the following disciplines:
Who Can Apply for GRE?
Applicants from around the world who are interested in a Master’s in MBA or any other PhD program can apply for GRE. The GRE General Test is accepted by a number of graduates, business or law school to apply sponsorships for deserving and meritorious students.
Get the Best GRE Advice from our Experts
How to reschedule GRE? Is it possible?
Know how to reschedule GRE: In case you selected the wrong slot for the examination or an emergency came up and you don’t want to miss the test. In such a case you can reschedule your test dates. Here’s how:
You can reschedule your GRE General Test registration until four days before the scheduled test date or your test fee will be forfeited.
Note: Your appointments cannot be rescheduled beyond one year of the previously appointed date. Also, the test fee and registration are not exchangeable.
Know how to reschedule GRE from different countries. There is a fee charged for rescheduling your test. Click here to check.
For more information check the GRE® Information Bulletin (PDF).
Is There a Fee Deduction for Rescheduled GRE
Now that you know how to reschedule GRE, let us delve into other aspects of it. You will be charged an amount for rescheduling the registration. You cannot reschedule your rescheduled dates to more than one year of the assigned date. Not fulfilling the above requirements, your full test fee will be forfeited. Remember to keep your appointment confirmation number handy while rescheduling.
You should note that you can’t make a shift from GRE General Test to GRE® Subject Tests while rescheduling.
Is Online Rescheduling Available? Know How to Reschedule GRE Online
Online rescheduling of your GRE test dates can be accessed through your ETS account. Be prepared to provide your appointment confirmation number and some other details to reschedule the next appointment.
In case of rescheduling through your ETS account is not possible, try rescheduling by phone. Contact the appropriate Regional Registration Center (RRC) and provide the details as mentioned in your previous registration.
Can We Cancel GRE Registration?
The answer to this is yes. You can cancel your registration anytime before 10 days of your scheduled test. If you withdraw your registration within time, half of your original registration fee gets refunded or else fortified.
Exception for Mainland China
If your test is scheduled in Mainland China, you cannot cancel through an ETS account. It has to be done online through your NEEA account.
Before Registration, walk through all of the registration, return and cancel policies and also how to reschedule the test.
Follow the steps mentioned below for complete hassle-free registration:
- Check out the test fees.
- Read the reschedule and cancellation policies.
- Thoroughly read the ID requirements. You are required to reproduced during the time of examination. Be sure to make no mistake here.
- Decide the time of the test: The test occurs year round on a first-come, first-served basis. Check availability and select availability conveniently.
- Create an ETS account to remain updated with centre information.
Registering Through Your ETS Account
There is an option for the at-home test. Individuals planning to make use of the opportunity must register through their ETS account or NEEA account for Mainland China.
- In case you are testing at a test centre, register at least two days before your preferred test date. There’s flexibility for at home appointments as early as 24 hours before the test.
- The next step is to log in to your ETS account or create an account.
- Visit My GRE home page. On the page, select Register/Find Test Centers.
- Verify your email address and then continue.
- In order to select your test appointment, confirm your time zone, or select a new one.
- Select an available timeslot for your test and click on “Register for this test.”
- Fill up the details and follow the directions to continue your registration and pay for your test.
- Once your registration has been processed, you will receive a confirmation email from ETS confirming your test choice, test date, test centre or link to launch you are at-home test, and score recipients.
Retaking the GRE General Test
You can take the GRE General Test once every 21 days, up to five times within any continuous rolling 12-month period (365 days).
Can we reschedule GRE?
Yes, rescheduling your GRE is possible. You can reschedule your registration up to four days of the scheduled date for the examination.
Is online rescheduling of GRE possible?
Yes, you can even reschedule your GRE exam dates online without the hassle of actually writing a thread of emails.